The focus with this programme is to share information and build the capacity of the community members and health service providers at the community level to assure best practices. The programme in health is to help improve the health condition of children, women and young people. Some project implemented include among others:
- Adolescent reproductive health project targeting in school and out of school youths with grant from John D and Catherine T MacArthur Foundation 1998-2006.
- Women Health and Economic Empowerment Scheme (WHEES) implemented with 26 community based women associations spread within Imo and Rivers States to improve their health and income generating capacity with support from Ford Foundation 1999-2006.
- Institutional Capacity Building for community based organizations to initiate and sustain prevention, de-stigmatization, care and support activities for those living with HIV/AIDS with grants support from National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) 2003.
- Rural Youth Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS prevention with support from International Institute of Education, New York 2006.
- Enhanced safe motherhood project implemented with women of reproductive age, traditional birth attendants and primary health centre personnel in five communities to reduce maternal and infant mortality with support from Ford Foundation 2007.
- Building and expanding partnership to promote integrated programming to improve the reproductive health of in school youths in South East Nigeria with support from Ford Foundation. 2010.
Still under Health programme but with focus on Environmental health, in project WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) the FOFA is involved in creating a balance with the state of livelihood of communities with respect to their income by facilitating healthy personal hygiene consciousness among community members in the following activities:
- Partnered with the Imo State Rural Water Supply Sanitation Agency (IMORUWASSA) and local government health workers on water sanitation and hygiene to facilitate Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) in five Local Government Areas in Imo State.
- Participated as National Water and Sanitation of Nigeria (NEWSAN) representative in a state stakeholder Strategic Action plan development for sustainability of WASH activities in Imo State.